How will the courses prepare my child for college?
- UC College Prep Accredited
- College Board College Readiness Standards
- Collaborative Exploration of Complex Problems
- Critical Thinking & In-depth Analysis
- Academic Writing
- Independent Thinking & Studey Skills
- Competency in Completing Large Scale Projects
Courses are designed according to:
Courses Develop College-Ready Skills:
What does a successful SCS online student look like?
- Committed to Studying and Learning Independently
- Self-motivated & disciplined
- Able to commit 5-8 hours of study time per course every week
- Able to communicate and articulate thoughts through the writing process
- Willing to participate in online academic discussions
- Able to think critically and analyze academic concepts
- Willing to learn to manage large-scale projects in a timely manner
- Committed to Learning in a Challenging Academic Environment
Why is SCS online school different than other online schools?
- SCS Online was not developed as credit recovery, but as a legitimate online college-preparatory program
- Courses are not purchased from online course producers, but rather on-campus curriculum and courses are transformed into online classes
- SCS online is a college-prep program, not simply a high school graduation track
- SCS has invested immense research, time, and resources into creating a unique, engaging learning environment that can only be found at SCS
- SCS teachers are utilized as a vital part of the instructional process in every course to coach, counsel, teach, and encourage students
Who will teach my child?
- Southlands Christian Schools' Online Teachers are committed to providing a platform for instruction and guidance to take place in every online course. The teacher serves a vital role in this process.
Accredited Educational Professionals
Quicklinks for Prospective Parents:
- Apply Now!
- Tuition & Fees
- SCS Academic Performance
- SCS Statement of Faith
- How it Works
- Contact SCS Online