Parents play a vital role in the educational process, especially with online schooling! This page will give you keep fully informed and help to ensure you have everything you need to support your student.
Parent Tips For Successful Study:
- Setting A Schedule: Help your student set a study schedule that works for you and them
- Create a Learning Environment: Provide a distraction free environment
- Time Things Right: Stay up-to-date with assignments and tasks by using the Moodle parent login
- Develop Good Study Skills: Coach your student in developing good note taking skills and study practices
- Build Independent Learning Skills: Act as a coach or advisor, not the homework assistant
- Reach Out To Teachers: Open communication outlets with teachers through the online messaging system
- Make Yourself Available: Be an active participant in teacher or school/parent communication
Sample Schedule: Their is no standard online school schedule for your student as every student has individual commitments and specialized activities and needs; however we strongly recommend that you help coach your student in time management. Typically, students will need to spend one hour of study each day for every class they are enrolled in. The following is a schedule from a tenth grade student named Jenny.
Quicklinks For Current Parents: